Friday, December 9, 2011

Boy or Girl!?

When I was told that I couldn't have my next ultrasound until after Christmas (despite my pleadings) I knew that wasn't going to fly. My mom and I are thinking abut sewing the nursery bedding over Christmas break and we were excited to tell Kyle (who's on his mission in Australia) if he's going to be having his first niece or first nephew when we Skype for Christmas. So I called Papa Wilson and asked for my Christmas present early: an ultrasound at a clinic here in Provo before because I was too excited to wait to see if it was a boy or a girl!

Well Dillon and I went in on the 8th of December for that gender check. While we were waiting Dillon proposed going our for a late lunch after. We decided we'd pick two places, one if it was a girl and one if it was a boy. We chose a mexican place ad a soup/salad place, and decided that the soup/salad was more girly. So if it was a boy Mexican food, if it was a girl soup and salad. Dillon said we should make it a tradition for the little one that on their birthday we have that kind of food every year (at least until their old enough to choose their own restaurant).

We were both so excited and so anxious. (To be honest I was scared too. Since I still can't feel any movement I worry before every appointment hoping the baby is ok!) Well when it was finally our turn we started the ultrasound. My favorite part was when I saw the baby move their arms first, then kick their legs! Even though I couldn't feel it I was so so so relieved and happy to see our baby still healthy and moving (and thus I began crying).

The tech showed us the arms legs and even the little face while checking from multiple angles before finally saying: "There you go that is definitely, 100%, no question a little boy you have there!" AH!



By this point we were both teary eyed! Our little son! We both thought it was a boy. We've both had vivid dreams about a little boy and really felt that was who was about to join our family. While we would have been thrilled with a girl, hearing it is a boy just felt right! We're so excited!

Being pregnant is SO WEIRD! Everything about your body feels off. Lately I have felt like a total cow. I've been anxiously waiting the time when I'd finally be showing more obviously so I'd start feeling pregnant, not just chunky. Well, that happened yesterday too! I put on a long, tight sweater I haven't worn in forever and went to the mirror hoping I liked what it looked enough to wear it to class. I immediately grabbed Dillon and made him look too! I finally looked pregnant. (It's amazing how much it changed my day feeling pregnant all day instead of huge and self-conscious).

So I decided that it's time to put up some pictures of my new little bump now that I'm 18+ weeks. (Note: I used a timer on my camera to take these and my expression was more of "is this even working" than happy mom, so I cropped out my face rather than take more. Next time I'll just have someone else take them.)


1 comment: