Friday, December 2, 2011

About our Little Family

Dillon and I are new to the blogging world. As the Holm family continues to spread across the world (Minnesota, Utah, Colorado, Caribbean, Singapore…) we figure it’s a good way to stay in touch with them and with our friends whom we don’t always get to see as often as we’d like.

A little about us: we’ve been married for a glorious 2 years and 4 months, and as much as it continues to amaze me we love each other more and more everyday! I’m truly blessed to be married to such an unbelievably incredible man who is my best friend in the whole world!



Dillon is finishing up his degree at BYU in Biology Education (on an academic scholarship). A year from now he’ll be starting his student teaching and then he plans to teach at a high school and coach their football team. I was meant to be graduating in 2 weeks, but this baby had other plans. My first trimester was AWFUL and there was no way I could teach full-time and finish my last semester. So I’ll be finishing up this coming semester and graduating in April with a giant baby bump under my robe.

We’re also both working. Dillon works at Discovery Ranch which is a treatment center for teens from all over the world. He gets to tutor the students at nights and did a spell as the Spanish teacher there. I am so delighted to have him come home every night so happy and excited about doing something he loves! I’m teaching high school at Liahona Preparatory Academy (a private LDS school). I teach grades 8-12 chemistry and geometry, and next year I’m teaching math and biology. I love, love, love my students and enjoy it SO much!

When we’re not working or in school (which is rare) we love to spend time together and with our great friends. Dillon and I have in the last year or so taken to reading together. In the warmer months we’d sit out on our porch and take turns reading to each other. In the summer (when classes don’t get in the way) we also love camping and being outdoors. Mostly we love sports! Playing and watching. Obviously we love our Cougars (even when they don’t have the best of seasons), the Twins, and we bleed purple for our Vikings (even when they often have “building” seasons).











Well, that’s us in a nutshell.

2 comments:

  1. Yay...Love that you have a blog now! Can' wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Reading this from Singapore right now and so glad to feel that much closer to you guys!

    ReplyDelete