Saturday, March 31, 2012

Vince's Nursery

Dillon and I were so blessed when it came to putting our Nursery together. My mom had this big white organizational system the she was kind of using but more than anything it was taking up space at her place. We thought it would be cute in our place if we put colored bins in the cubes and added a rack for hanging Vince’s little clothes. I’m really happy with how it looks, plus it’s an amazing way to store everything and keep his room clean and his things accessible.



We have amazing family friends the Johnsons. They are the family I lived with for 8 months in Minnesota to finish up my senior year of high school after my mom moved to Utah. They are basically my second family. They have some baby gear they agreed to let us borrow for Vince. We’re using their crib, changing table, nursing pillow and swing for Vince. Not only are they free for us to use they are beautiful and in great condition. Thank so so so much guys!

The only thing we had to by ourselves was a $15 bassinet (craigslist) and a $25 rocker (thrift store). Can you believe it!? I’m so grateful for the help and blessings. My mom got us the cute sports crib bedding for Christmas and we decided the comforter would be too heavy for Vince in the summer so we hung it up on the wall.

Without question my favorite thing in Vince’s nursery is the other quilt we have hanging on the wall. My Aunt Tere (with help from her new daughter-in-law, Sam’s beautiful wife Vanessa) made 2 quilts for Vince for the baby shower. They are so awesome, but I hung the jean quilt up because it may be the most cherished gift I’ve ever received. She used my Uncle Dan’s old jeans for the denim material. It will for sure be kept safe forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment