Saturday, March 31, 2012

Baby Shower & 12 Days of Baby

My mom and beautiful sister Tori threw me a baby shower last weekend. They did such a good job of decorating, blue everywhere. My favorite was the clothes-line they used to hang onsies and other baby clothes up!

Lots of yummy treats!

We had a great selection of food too, thanks Aunt Tere for making cupcakes!


The blind diapering head-to-head challange

Vince and I were SUPER spoiled and got tons of cute clothes



My mom had this great idea to get a dozen blank blue and white onsies and an assortment of paint pens. She put out a station for our guests to decorate them. Our thought is that it would be a fun activity, but we didn't think that Vince would actually wear the final products.

Boy did we underestimate the creativity of our guests! They turned out SO cute and so clever. Thank you to everyone who did one, they will be so cherished and definitely worn!

Mama Johnson and Libby were working for a while on their onsie... when I finally looked at their finished product I was in shock... check below to see it!

I couldn't get it to rotate, but this is the one Aunt Kathy made. As you can imagine Dillon loves this one.

My cousin Sadie's

Super cute idea by Aunt Tere

My cousin Heather used our last name!

Aunt Kim went with the Waterboy quote! I'll be fine if he believes this for 17 years or so...

Vanessa super cute onsie!

My cousins Kim and Kari wanted to be sure Dillon would get this one on right!

Dillon's sister Hannah made this one that melts my heart!

And here's the one Mama Johnson made!


I love my job teaching at Liahona Prep Academy for many many reasons. One of my new reasons is this sweet student I have in one of my chemistry classes. She recently came into class with a present for Vince & I and announced it was day 1 of the 12 days of Baby. She and her family decided to bring in a gift every day for 12 days! Since was only have class 4 days a week it stretched over 3 weeks (4 if you count spring break)!


Days 1-4: Diapers and wipes, super cute Dr. Seuss Burp Cloths, bath-time needs with washcloths, and a deluxe diaper bag.

Days 5-8: This was the week of huge gifts! A baby bouncer, play mat, diaper genie with refills, and a stroller/car-seat set!!!

Days 9-12: BYU cougar gear and shoes, 101 Dalmatians blankets, musical soothing rainforest player, and a gift card to Babies 'R Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment