Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Semester

As we've been settling into our schedule again after break, we though we'd keep our friends and family posted. Classes started a few weeks ago and both Dillon and I are taking a full load of classes at BYU. It's a biter irony to be the pregnant woman in class- and slightly awkward too. Dillon is still tutoring at Discovery Ranch and I'm still teaching at Liahona which keeps us both very busy.

We have some really really great friends and family out here in Utah, so we've made it a New Year's resolution to find time to hang out with them more often. It started with a birthday date with our former landlady Liz Sartori. We beyond loved living in her home and have missed her since we moved. She recently celebrated her 70th birthday, so we took her to dinner to celebrate with her.

My mom's brother Uncle Tim and his son Beau were in town last weekend. I haven't seen Uncle Tim in like 4 or 5 years, and it has probably been well over 10 years since I've seen Beau. It was really fun to get to spend time with them, just playing games and hiking. On Sunday we went up in the backside of Mount Timp and took a long hike up by Aspen Grove. It was just warm enough to be beautiful, and not too much snow that we couldn't hike anywhere.


One of the views on our hike. We took a trail above the
river and for a while it hugged a huge drop off.


Dillon, Me, Tori and Beau on our hike.


We had a blast playing games especially UNO Attack
(PJ's favorite) and of course the dice game. As always, it got intense.


Right after Christmas we had our 20 week ultrasound. It was exciting because about two weeks before that I started feeling our little prince move- yes I cried and cried with joy when I felt it. Everything checked out great on the ultrasound. At one point we saw him kick and I felt it too! He was adorable yawning and moving his hands from his knee to his cheek mid yawn.

The doctor said he was measuring a week and a half bigger than my estimated due date so he'll be coming sooner (personally I think I'm even further along than that). We were so happy to find out he's coming sooner! Also Dillon has been able to feel him move a few times. Lately he has been kicking so hard it shocks me. It's going to be an interesting next 3 and a half months as he keeps getting stronger.


This is our little man looking to the right with his
hands between his knees.


Baby bump at 24 weeks.

5 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful mommy! Congratulations again. A trick I've learned...just keep your original due date in mind, you'll be far less disappointed if he comes a little late. I let mine slip from my head and now that he's not here, I'm so bummed. You're amazing working and schooling and growing a human! Hope all continues to go well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such a great pregnant woman. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Nice baby bump there Buzz! Bet you are excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics! Glad to be invited to the blog....Is the little guy letting you sleep at night....all that kicking sounds like callisthenics at football practice.....thanks again for my birthday outing. Dinner was great and the company even better. I'm up for games too...here or there.....
    LOL,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete